5th Planetary Data Workshop (PDW) and 2nd Planetary Science Informatics & Data Analytics (PSIDA) meeting
June 28–July 2, 2021
We are happy to announce the combined 5th Planetary Data Workshop (PDW) and 2nd Planetary Science Informatics & Data Analytics (PSIDA) meeting scheduled for June 28–July 2, 2021.
The organizing committee closely watched developments of the COVID-19 health crisis and, in the interest of community safety, made the decision to proceed with a virtual delivery of the meeting.
Purpose and Scope
The goal of this five-day virtual meeting is to bring together data users, providers, engineers, developers, and researchers to discuss approaches, challenges, applications of informatics, technologies, and capabilities in planetary science. Participants will have the opportunity to share knowledge, experience, and lessons learned in these fields and network with colleagues.
Encouraged topics include:
- Analysis and visualization tools using current and new algorithms and methods
- Processing capabilities, including Geographic Information Systems, featuring data and tools customized for planetary data analysis
- Data architecture, management, and interoperability
- Data archiving, including PDS4 concepts and software
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Scalable data processing
- Data-driven discovery and analytics
- Science applications
- Big data, cloud computing, and scalable computing
- Hands-on training and how-to guides for acquiring, processing, and working with digital planetary data
Code of Conduct
The LPI is committed to providing a harassment-free experience for participants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, religion, or other protected status. While attending the meeting or any related ancillary or social events, participants should not engage in harassment in any form. All participants are expected to behave according to professional standards and in accordance with their employers’ policies on appropriate workplace behavior.
To report issues or concerns, contact LPI management at USRA-LPI Meetings Code of Conduct.