Meeting Location and Dates
The Back to the Moon Workshop (Moon 2017) scheduled for October 12–13, 2017 will follow the LEAG Annual Meeting at Universities Space Research Association Headquarters, 7178 Columbia Gateway Dr, Columbia, Maryland.
Purpose and Scope
Using the Lunar Exploration Analysis Group (LEAG) roadmap as a springboard for a return to the Moon, this community workshop will bring together stakeholders from industry, commerce, government, and academia to explore making a lunar return with humans an affordable reality in the near future. The goals of the workshop are to:
- Evaluate potential lunar surface exploration architectures
- Define pathways to maximize science and exploration that involve the commercial sector
- Identify synergies between different stakeholders
- Identify key precursor activities
- Assess the mechanisms for developing sustainable surface access
Note: All electronic submission forms are part of the Meeting Portal, which requires users to set up a personal profile to access our electronic forms (setting up a profile is quick and easy, requiring only a few minutes of your time).