Program and Presenter Information
Detailed information about the agenda is available by viewing the program and abstracts. All authors received their requested presentation type (i.e., oral or poster). Check the author index to see where presentations have been scheduled. Authors will not receive notification letters.
Session chairs and abstract authors: Review your name in the program and author index. If updates are needed, e-mail them to email@example.com.
Fully Live Oral Presentations
Oral presentations are allotted up to 15 minutes (13 minutes for the oral presentation and 2 minutes for Q&A). All oral sessions are followed by a 10-minute discussion period. During this time, session presenters will join a panel-led question and answer forum. Attendees will use RingCentral’s chat and raise hand features to submit questions to presenters.
Please note that oral presentations will be live (i.e., no pre-recorded talks), and speakers will be sharing their own slides. Speakers are encouraged to use reliable internet connections on the day of their presentation. All presenters will be required to test their remote connection to ensure a successful presentation. Presenters will receive an e-mail from Houston Meeting Info with testing information.
All slides must be sent to the session chair for back-up purposes before the conference. Presenters will send slides to the session chair for their assigned session. Session chair contact information will be shared with presenters by e-mail.
Regardless of the number of talks you have given, speakers are encouraged to read: Speak Your Science: How to Give a Better Conference Talk.
As you prepare your figures, keep colorblind-friendly graphics in mind. Oracle is a free color blindness simulator for Windows, Mac, and Linux that can help select appropriate color palettes.
All poster presenters will share their posters in the virtual platform. Each poster presentation is allotted up to 6 minutes (4 minutes for the poster presentation and 2 minutes for Q&A). All poster sessions are followed by a 10-minute discussion period. During this time, poster presenters will join a panel-led question and answer forum. Attendees will use RingCentral’s chat and raise hand features to submit questions to presenters.
Authors selected for a poster presentation will upload an electronic file of their poster (e-poster. The e-poster tool provides additional exposure by giving attendees and others the ability to view posters online.
E-Poster Instructions for Presenters
To submit an e-poster:
- Log in to the abstract submission page of the meeting portal: https://www.hou.usra.edu/meeting_portal/abstract_submission/.
- Next to the listing of your Modern Brines meeting abstract that was assigned to a poster session, you’ll see an E-POSTER link in the Action column.
- Click on this link to go to the e-poster upload page.
- All e-posters must be submitted in PDF format.
- The maximum file size allowed is 10.0 MB.
- After using the browse button to locate the file containing the e-poster on your computer, and acknowledging the copyright statement, click the “Submit” button once and wait for the confirmation screen.
- To find a particular abstract, use the abstract search function. Those with e-posters will have an additional link in the search result to view the associated poster.
To view submitted e-posters: View E-Posters