Remote Presenter Tips for Livestreaming and Web Conferencing
- Connect 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time to confirm your webcam and audio are ready for public broadcast.
- If you are using a webcam, be mindful of your surroundings. A backdrop or blank wall is the best possible background. LPSC 52 virtual backgrounds are available for download.
- Be aware of your lighting — lighting can make your video look great or washed out. Light sources should come from in front of you or from your side to best light your face.
- If available, use a headset as this will ensure that you are heard by the listeners. If no headset is available, try to stay close to the microphone on your webcam or phone.
- Silence your device notifications.
- Look directly at your webcam rather than your presentation.
- Mute your microphone when not presenting.
- Watch your chat window for feedback from the audio/video technician.
- Relax, take a deep breath, and begin. Good luck!
Back to Oral Presenters page