Meeting Location and Dates
The International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Automation in Space will be held October 18–21, 2020 in Pasadena, California.
Purpose and Scope
The International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Automation in Space (i-SAIRAS) will bring together researchers and practitioners from the national space agencies to share information on achievements, progress, and plans.
General topics for this year’s symposium include:
- Artificial Intelligence: Onboard autonomy for mission planning, fault management, guidance, navigation and control, analytics and machine learning, trust, and explainability
- Robotics: Mobility, manipulation, perception, navigation, space-based assembly, inspection and servicing, human-robot teaming, telepresence, and teleoperations
- Automation: Decision support tools, operations concepts, visualization, mission protection, architectures, communications and networking, and user interfaces
Special topics for this year’s symposium include:
- Commercial Space: Industry-developed infrastructure and capability, Earth-observing fleets, data provisioning, space-based services
- Lunar Exploration: Cargo and crew transport, habitats, in-situ resource utilization, infrastructure and equipment for human exploration
Oral and poster presentation abstracts will be solicited. The program will include keynote talks, demonstrations, tours, and social events, all in the pleasant environs of Southern California.