The conference will place a strong emphasis on interdisciplinary discussion and debate, which will represent about 40% of the total program.
The program will include
- a mix of invited and contributed talks
- panel, open, and small group discussions (possibly including one or more formal debates)
- poster session(s) on Monday and Tuesday evenings
- full-day field trip on Wednesday (to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and other sites, described below)
- possible conference dinner Thursday evening
- post-conference all-day field trip to Barringer Meteorite Crater and Petrified Forest National Park on Saturday
Following the conference, a journal special issue will be organized to capture the scientific output of the meeting.
Any terrestrial or planetary scientist with relevant theoretical, experimental, or field experience is strongly encouraged to participate and to submit an abstract. Contingent upon review and acceptance by the program committee, abstracts will be published online and scheduled for either oral or poster presentation. The abstracts and preliminary program will also be available in electronic format and accessible via this website by August 18, 2017.