Workshop Location and Dates
We are happy to announce the 7th International Planetary Dunes workshop scheduled for May 17–20, 2022, at Adams State University, 210 Edgemont Blvd., Alamosa, Colorado, 81101.
This workshop is planned as an in-person workshop. The organizers are monitoring the current COVID-19 situation, and the workshop format will be adjusted as necessary.
Purpose and Scope
The purpose of this workshop is to provide a forum for discussion and exchange of new ideas and approaches to the investigation of aeolian processes that form and maintain dune fields on Earth, underwater, and on other planetary bodies within the solar system.
The objectives of the proposed Planetary Dunes workshop, which follows on previous workshops with growing attendance over the past decade, include:
- Bringing together terrestrial and planetary aeolian scientists from a range of specialties (e.g., remote sensing, field study, computer modeling, and laboratory experimentation)
- Discussing and exploring the observations and theories of dunes and dune formation throughout the solar system
- Creating a research synergy between terrestrial analog studies, remote sensing, computer simulations, and laboratory experiments
- Exposing and expanding undergraduate and graduate students' understanding of planetary aeolian processes
- Determining high-priority science that can only be achieved with in situ measurements
- Developing a Goals, Objectives, and Investigations document for the planetary aeolian community. See our starting draft.
Code of Conduct
USRA/LPI is committed to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, race, religion, or other protected status. We do not tolerate harassment of meeting participants in any form. USRA/LPI expects that all participants will abide by this Code of Conduct, creating an environment free from harassment, discrimination, disruption, incivility, or violence of any kind. We expect participants to exercise consideration and respect in their speech and actions and refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior. Report issues, concerns, or violations of this Code of Conduct directly to USRA/LPI management at USRA-LPI Meetings Code of Conduct. The full USRA/LPI Code of Conduct can be found here.