Codes of Conduct
All participants agreed to the USRA/LPI code of conduct upon registering:
USRA/LPI is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for participants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, or other protected status. USRA/LPI meetings are intended for professional networking and collaboration in the lunar and planetary science community. While at USRA/LPI meetings or related events, any participants should not engage in harassment in any form. All participants are expected to behave according to professional standards and in accordance with their employer's policies on appropriate workplace behavior.
Additionally, by logging in to the workshop (on UStream and on Slack), participants agree to the codes of conduct created specifically for the Preventing Harassment in Science workshop:
Behavior that is encouraged during the workshop:
- Respect the purpose of the workshop; come prepared and ready to engage.
- Listen actively, treating everyone with respect and consideration.
- Communicate openly and thoughtfully with others, being considerate of the multitude of views and opinions that are different than your own.
- Be mindful in your critique of ideas (for example, do not critique an individual’s personal experience), and handle differences of opinion constructively.
- Respect the privacy of participants, and ask for consent for photography, audio-visual recordings or quotes.
During this online workshop, offensive or disruptive comments, sharing of inappropriate images, and any actions considered to be intimidating will not be tolerated. Unauthorized recording or photography is not permitted. If a participant engages in disrespectful or harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or removing the offender from the platform (in this case, Slack). Harassment includes, but is not limited to, comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, or other protected status.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact an organizer one of two ways:
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via Slack: Direct message an organizer. Organizers will have the word “Organizer” in their screen name. For example: “Organizer - Kristen Bennett”