Abstract Submission Instructions
The abstract submission deadline has passed.
Click here for a comprehensive listing of approved themes and session topics.
Abstract Deadline — Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 5:00 p.m. U.S. Central Standard Time (GMT -6)
- No late abstracts will be accepted, regardless of the reason.
- Abstracts sent by e-mail will NOT be considered.
- Abstracts are limited to one page.
- All abstracts must be submitted in PDF format.
- All abstracts must be submitted in U.S. letter size format (8.5" × 11") and must include a one-inch margin on all four sides; A4 submissions will be rejected by the system.
- Abstract file sizes must be no larger than 3 MB; larger files will be automatically rejected by the system.
- If not using the template provided leave a one-inch margin on all four sides of your document.
- Speaker must be one of the first five authors listed.
- Replacement files will NOT be accepted under any circumstances after the abstract deadline, regardless of errors. Authors should proofread abstracts CAREFULLY before submitting, and allow sufficient time for their institutional review process. Authors are able to replace their submissions up until the time of the deadline, but not afterward.
Authors are encouraged to start the submission process early so the USRA staff will have time to provide assistance in the event of technical problems. For technical assistance, contact Linda Garcia (281-486-2142), or send an e-mail message to email@example.com.
Unable to Produce PDF Files? Authors who are unable to produce a PDF file may send their source files (must be in Word or PostScript format) to USRA no later than January 11, 2017. A PDF file will be created and returned to the author, but it is the author’s responsibility to submit that PDF file by the time of the abstract deadline. Source files should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU NEED TO REVISE YOUR ABSTRACT (PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE ONLY):
If you discover an error and need to replace your abstract file, or correct the information submitted on the form, return to the abstract submission portion of the meeting portal and click on the “Update” link that appears next to the title of the abstract you submitted.
Preparation and Submission of Abstracts
Step 1: Download the appropriate template
Step 2: Write the abstract (no more than one page) using the format shown in the template
Step 3: Create a PDF file (no larger than 3 MB)
Step 4: Fill out the electronic abstract submission form and upload the abstract file