Abstract Submission Instructions
Abstract Deadline Extension: Wednesday, March 11, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. U.S. Central Daylight Time
Researchers in scientific disciplines appropriate to the purpose and scope of this conference are invited to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations.
Click here for a comprehensive listing of approved themes and session topics.
Abstract Deadline — Wednesday, March 11, 2015, at 11:59.
- Late abstracts will NOT be accepted, regardless of the reason.
- Abstracts are limited to one page, and must be submitted in PDF format.
- Abstracts must be submitted in U.S. letter-sized format (8.5" × 11")
- Abstract file sizes are limited to 1.0 MB
- Speakers must be one of the first five authors listed.
- Replacement files will NOT be accepted under any circumstances after the abstract deadline, regardless of errors. Authors should proofread abstracts CAREFULLY before submitting, and allow sufficient time for their institutional review process. Authors are able to replace their submissions up until the time of the deadline, but not afterwards.
Authors are encouraged to start the submission process early so that USRA staff will be able to provide assistance in the event of technical problems. For technical assistance, contact Linda Tanner (281-486-2142) or Renée Dotson (281-486-2188), or send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unable to Produce PDF Files? Authors who are unable to produce a PDF file may send their source file (must be in Word or PostScript format) to USRA no later than February 25, 2015. A PDF file will be created and returned to the author, but it is the author’s responsibility to submit that PDF file by the time of the abstract deadline. Source files should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Abstract Submission Policies —
Authors may request either oral or poster presentation for each abstract submitted. Authors may request more than one oral presentation; however, first authors will be limited to only one ONLY ONE ORAL PRESENTATION* at the conference.
Authors submitting two abstracts for oral presentation will be asked to rank them in order of preference.
All authors requesting oral presentation must indicate whether they will accept a poster if their abstract is not selected for oral presentation. Authors who are unable to accept poster presentations may have their abstracts rejected from publication.
*Exception: Authors who are invited to participate in Special Plenary Sessions are eligible to be assigned an oral presentation in a topical session.
Preparation and Submission of Abstracts —
Step 1: Download the appropriate template
Step 2: Write the abstract (no more than one page) using the format shown in the template
Step 3: Create a PDF file (no larger than 1 MB)
Step 4: Fill out the electronic abstract submission form